Monday, September 28, 2009

Gentian Violet and Diflucan: Are the Risks Worth It? You Decide.

The other day I was on a forum relating to thrush and some moms were discussing the pros and cons of using the natural approach versus Diflucan or Gentian Violet. (Note that Gentian Violet is not actually a natural remedy - it's a home remedy that has serious health risks associated with it.)

At any rate, one mom was saying that basically she tried some natural stuff and it didn't work so she used gentian violet on her child because he kept getting thrush and it kept coming back. Regarding the cancer risk she said something to the effect of, "That stuff's so nasty I wouldn't doubt it." (Note: this problem of recurring thrush is exactly why I recommend curing the yeast at the root rather than just treating symptomatically again and again. This child is at risk for long term yeast-related health problems.)

Now, as moms, we each have to make our own choices, but to me, I tend to go the very conservative approach when it comes to my children. I try my absolute hardest to minimize any risk to them. So my question is, okay even if the risk of oral cancer to your child from gentian violet is small,how would you feel if 30, 40, or even 50 years down the line your child developed oral cancer? Would it have been the work risk to you? Could you live with the possibility that you might have caused this to happen to your child?

I know I couldn't and that's one reason why I was so determined to come up with a completely natural and safe program for thrush, which you can download at http://www.GetRidofThrush.com.

Now, another mom was saying basically, Diflucan works like a charm and I'm sure the risk for liver failure is very small. First of all, liver failure is just one of the risks of Diflucan - that's the worst case (and deadly) scenario. There's a whole gamut of reactions that can lead up to that. Next, you have to understand that the toxic load to your child is a cumulative thing - many diseases are not caused from one toxin, but rather a cumulation over time of toxins. Just like with radiation - one x-ray may not cause cancer, but the cumulative radiation exposure over your life all adds up. It's the same way with toxic drugs like Diflucan.

Now the other issue I mentioned also applies here - what if you child is that child who does go into liver failure? Will it have been worth it to have the ease of giving her a pill that "worked like a charm?" I'm the kind of person that thinks about these things. I just couldn't live with myself if something that happened to my child that I could have prevented.

Is it easier for the mom to give your baby a few pills rather than go through the steps to rebalance your child's body and cure the yeast at the root? Yeah, I guess it is. But I guess every mom has got to make the decision on what's important.

Now, I know that most moms don't have the knowledge that I have on yeast and other health issues and so some turn to less-than-ideal treatments out of frustration or lack of knowing what to do. But I can assure you, that every single mom who I've worked with (and I offer free unlimited consultations to every one of my clients) has gotten rid of the thrush safely and naturally and permanently. And you know what? They felt good about it too.

Good luck to you!

No comments: